This is my first post of which I hope there are many more. It's late tonight and my mornings come very early so this will be short sweet and to the point!
My name is Jen and I'm 28. My husband, Darren, and I have been married 10 years this April. That's right if you do the math we were married when I was 18. And almost 10 years later Darren and I are still growing together and with our children. Madyson is 7 going on 18, Mitchell is 4 and Lukas just turned one. Madyson is a beautiful girl (and I'm not just saying that because she's mine), she's funny and bright and smart as a whip. Mitchell is a shining light given to us from God. He's 4, and has battled with a little known disease called Tuberous Sclerosis Complex. I will explain more at a later date. Lukas is such a bright little guy, my baby, although not so much anymore. He's growing too quickly for us (okay, me especially) and he reminds me just how quickly life changes.
A little about myself. I have been a Volunteer Firefighter for about a year and a half now and I absolutely whole-heartedly love my job. I wish it were full time. It brings me such pride in my community and my fire department family to be able to help people in need. I have been there myself and although I might not remember my Angel's names, I will always remember their kind actions at my time of need - and I want to repay that. My Husband is a supervisor at the local grocery store here and is my hero. He has been with me through so much. There are no words to fully express just how deep my love is for this man. He is a rock and the reason for much of my sanity. I work for a local Safety Company, and although I just started I do completely love my job. I signed up to return to school next month for my EMR. Although it's a big responsibility I will take on my challenges as I always have. Head on and full force. I recently received tickets for my TDG and WHMIS. I am hoping to get my H2S certificate as well as SCBA etc. I took the Level I Firefighting course this past year and am awaiting my results on my test.
The purpose of this blog is to enlighten, enrich, teach and share a little insight into a world most will never venture into - on several different levels.
I am a full time mom, although I work, I am ALWAYS a mom.
I am a special needs mother, and I am VERY proud of that fact. Mitchell has brought a light into my world like I would have never expected and I am so very thankful for every second he is on this earth. He has so much love for his family, and reminds us every day just how precious life really is.
My children and husband are my reason for breathing every day. If it weren't for them I would be a person with no ambition not really caring about anything. They are my reason for being.
I am an advocate for TSC. PLEASE ask questions - and I will get more in depth about Mitch's disease as time progresses. But if you have a question - PLEASE ASK IT. I will answer as truthfully and honestly as I can. I know there are some extremely tough questions - but it's ok. I assure you. I have heard them all before. Human curiousity is an amazing thing. And yes, it's ok to ask how long his life may be. I promise I won't get offended. The answer I will always give you is "How long will you live?" Because life can end at any moment - and none off us know when we will go. Same as him. See? Easy peasy :D
I'm sure you're bored to death of my ramblings already, and if so I apologize for being so long winded. I promise that posts will get more interesting as time progresses. I hope that I haven't bored you to tears yet and invite you back into my little slice of insanity I call my life.
Thank you for taking time out of YOUR day to spend with me and my insanity!!!
momma
No comments:
Post a Comment