Wednesday, 2 March 2011

And now - more about my two other rays of sunshine :)

So I've kind of given a synopsis of my middle child and first son Mitchell. I gaurantee there will be more about him in future posts - there always is mischeif when he starts giggling. But I'd like to introduce everyone to my other wonderful children Madyson and Lukas.  (One day soon I will introduce more of myself and amazing husband of almost ten years Darren)

Madyson is my oldest child and only daughter. She's 7 now, going on 23 (At least in her books!)
Born on a blustery September (yes September) morning she was immediately the pride and joy of our lives. Of course two more additions joined her in that title later on! She was born with beautiful blonde hair and stunning blue eyes that will be sure to haunt us come High School. She is so bright, loves to read and spell. She's been an absolute joy and a complete sponge when it comes to learning. I couldn't ask for a more wonderful daughter. She's got friends galore, especially Hailey. They spend tonnes of time together, at our house or Haileys spending way too much time awake being girls! Madyson started grade two this year and has excelled in her class. Last year she was awarded the "Sister Maggie Peace Keeper" Award much to our pride and joy. It shows just how loving and compassionate she is to her friends AND her classmates. I am extremely proud of how she has developed and grown as a girl and am equally excited to see what she becomes!


Lukas was born in February of last year. He was quick to make his arrival, in only ten minutes. Thank God we're in a small town and the only issue was waiting for a doctor to arrive from the clinic about three blocks away. He just celebrated his third birthday and has been a going concern since birth. A bright and beautiful young lad, just started walking.  


Lukas (as a side note) was named after a VERY special young lad. Our friends had a young son named Lukas (yes spelling was done on purpose) who was taken much too soon as the result of a drunk driver. It had been a secret wish of ours to name our son Mitch after Lukas but we were very concerned that they wouldn't be alright with it due to wounds being still very fresh. But when we found out baby was going to be a boy I decided to call our friend up and ask his permission to name our son after his, in honor. He said he was okay with it, and I should talk to his wife. (Whom as a side note I miss VERY dearly and love her so so much) When I talked to her that night we both sat there blubbering and smiling through the tears. When she asked how we were going to spell his name I said "The same way you spelled Lukas' name". We wanted to honor his memory in every way we could and that included spelling his name the same way. We love this couple very much and wanted the memory of their son to live on. And thus, Lukas was named after Lukas. I hope they find it a beautiful tribute as that's what we intended. 


Okay, onto us. That post went much smoother and quickly than I thought it would - though I'm sure there will be more. And more. 


First Darren - he's much easier for me to talk about than myself. Darren and I (like I said in a previous post) met just about 10 1/2 years ago on an old chat program called ICQ. We hit it off instantly, although we had both initially said that neither were looking for a relationship. When we met in person I was completely taken aback at how amazing he was. As promised he was dressed right up and although nervous, was excited to come to a Church fundraiser with myself and some of my friends. As they say, the rest is history. We have been inseperable since. He is a strong man, with a will unseen before. He's a supervisor at the local grocery store (I know it sounds stupid when put like that but it's not a bag boy type of job). He has alot of the managerial responsibilities and a great team backing him (with of course the exception of a few). His senior management team seems anxious to get him trained up to become one of them and for his accomplishments I'm extremely proud. He has helped me so much through everything, supported me in all my career choices and supported the family through the first days of Mitchell's illness. He has a silent strength that continually amazes me. I love him more than I think I will ever be able to understand. Thank you Darren for choosing me to be your wife and partner. You are amazing!


Myself - well this is the part I find the hardest so forgive me if I'm short winded (although I'm sure you're already tired of my post). 
I'm a wife and mother - this is the MOST important part of my life. I am a student and teacher, a boo boo kisser and a "nuggler" (That's from Mitch). I'm a firefighter working towards becoming a fully certified Canadian Firefighter. I also just registered for my EMR course which works both in my "daily" job and my firefighting career.  I work for a local safety company which also coincides with my firefighting career. Although slightly hampered at the start of this year on all my career accounts I will recover (I will explain more later) and be stronger than ever. Um, right now that's the best I can do about talking about myself so I will say goodnight and write more soon!
Cheers
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment